Eating a diet that is rich in colour ensures a variety of vitamins and minerals that are essential for optimal health – this recipe has a rainbow of colour! What's more, it includes an irresistible, nutrient-dense alternative to traditional polenta chips.
- 650g vegetable stock
- 125g dried polenta + 1 tbsp for dusting
- 1 ½ tbsp Naturya Hemp Protein Powder
- 3 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 40g rocket or watercress
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds to serve
- Bring the stock to a simmer in a medium pan. Whisk in the polenta and Naturya Hemp Protein and continue to cook, stirring, until the polenta thickens and starts to come away from the side of the pan.
- Stir in the chopped chives and season well before pouring into a lightly greased baking dish. Leave to cool then chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C fan, Gas mark 7.
- Place the red and yellow peppers, carrots, courgette and red onion in a large roasting tin and sprinkle with the cumin seeds and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing them once, until lightly charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, cut the polenta into ‘chips’ and roll in the remaining dried polenta to lightly coat.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chips for 5-6 minutes, turning often, to give a crisp crust and soft centre.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and toss with the rocket or watercress. Serve sprinkled with pumpkin seeds, with polenta chips on the side.